Nottingham is the first English City of Football beating Manchester and Portsmouth for the title in 2014.
City of Football aim to create new football partnerships, support better planning of football through our innovative Playbook, get more people playing more often, be the fastest growing city for women, girls and BME players, develop and grow our workforce and learn what works and what doesn’t work so that they can keep improving.
To do this they have created a company called the Nottingham City of Football whose only job will be to make Nottingham City of Football a success.
They will do this by:
- increasing active participation in football in Nottingham
- promoting the cultural, social, health and educational benefits of participating in all forms of football
- bringing together and utilising new and innovative partnerships across Nottingham with a view to stimulating, developing and sustaining participation in football
- promoting initiatives to support the diversity of those participating in football
- using insight and innovation to develop new approaches to how football is delivered.
“Nottingham has an exciting and inventive response to the challenge of getting more people to play the game and we will look forward to working with them to make this happen. Nottingham was simply the best – it was a terrific bid.” Phil Smith, Director of Sport at Sport England
Monday Night Football In The Square took place on Monday nights in Market Square between 30 March and 20 April 2015:
Click here for the gallery of images from Monday Night Football!
City of Football has its own website where more information on Nottingham City of Football can be found.