The Nottingham Plan to 2020 Year 1 Report
One Nottingham has published its Annual Report 2010/11 showing progress achieved in the first year of the Nottingham Plan to 2020.
Despite the difficult economic climate and reduced investment in public services, a good start has been made on route to a vision for Nottingham and this first Annual Report shows what can be achieved by working together. Among the achievements are:
Strong investment in Nottingham, including:
- £567m to renovate Nottingham’s Railway Station into The Hub and build lines 2 and 3 of the tram.
- Chinese car manufacturer Changan chose Nottingham for its European research and development facility.
- Nottingham Contemporary and New Art Exchange generating over £10m for the local economy.
A survey in 2010 revealed that people feel better about living in Nottingham:
- People’s satisfaction with their local area has increased.
- More people feel able to influence decisions in their locality.
Education levels are improving:
- 2011 A Level and GCSE results are the best ever.
- Our two Universities are both in top 100 (The Times Good University Guide and the Guardian University rankings).
Award winning key Early Intervention projects provide effective family support for vulnerable families.
Nottingham is cleaner, safer and greener, with:
- Significantly reduced crime (down by 39% from 2006/7).
- Cleanest Big City status.
- Lowest total carbon emissions of all Core Cities.
The plan reflects the views of the many people across Nottingham who have helped to shape it. We began to develop the vision for Nottingham in July 2008, following the I’maginiNG programme. This was an extensive public engagement programme, with around 1250 people who took part in I’maginiNG events, and 634 people who responded to postal and on-line questionnaires.