Nottingham Housing Strategic Partnership
The Nottingham Housing Strategic Partnership is one of the One Nottingham Theme Partnerships
The Overall aim of the Nottingham Housing Strategic Partnership is:
"To deliver homes across all tenures and meet the housing aspirations and needs of citizens, and in doing so assist the economic development and overall prosperity of Nottingham"
Purpose of the Nottingham Housing Strategic Partnership
The key driver for the Nottingham Housing Strategic Partnership is meeting the housing needs of the city. As one of the One Nottingham theme partnerships, the Housing Partnership has a core responsibility to deliver key aims of the Nottingham Plan to 2020, specifically those relating to the Neighbourhood Nottingham theme. As a theme partnership of One Nottingham, the HPN will be the monitoring and reporting route for the issues within the Nottingham Plan that fall within its remit, namely the housing -related targets within the Neighbourhood Nottingham theme.
Key priorities and targets:
The partnership is the body charged with delivering housing objectives in Nottingham at a time of unparalleled difficulty, and its response must be realistic and deliverable. The partnership intends to meet the challenge by:
· Providing a quality housing offer across all tenures and sectors of the housing market contributing to the enhanced reputation of Nottingham and its ambition to be a World Class city, using combined resources
· Overseeing the assessment of our local housing market
· Addressing the housing needs of specific groups and sectors of the housing market
· Combining and co-ordinating the activities of housing developers, providers and support agencies to bring about housing growth and improvement
· Maximising the contribution of housing to the economic growth of the city
· Through housing activity delivering outcomes which support other strategic objectives, such as improved health and wellbeing, educational achievement of children, employment, crime reduction and sustainable communities
· Bringing together in partnership the skills, knowledge, expertise and statutory tools necessary to make successful and complimentary interventions in the housing market.
· Promoting Nottingham as a city that is "open for business" and in doing so attracting housing developers
· Being innovative in its approach
The partnership will measure the success of its activity through the following outcomes:
· The delivery of housing objectives which have a clear economic benefit to the city, particularly in bringing employment for Nottingham people
· Delivery of relevant Neighbourhood Nottingham objectives and targets from the Nottingham Plan i.e. housing numbers, family housing and fuel poverty
· The best possible investment outcomes for the city achieved through successful partnership with the Homes and Communities Agency
· The achievement of sustainable communities
· An effective link with One Nottingham and the other theme partnerships in order to assist the wider partnership agenda
Nottingham's Housing Plan 2012- 2015
The Nottingham Housing Strategic Partnership is currently developing a new three-year plan which will articulate the priorities and objectives for housing which it wants to deliver in the next three years.
For further information please contact:
Graham De Max
Partnership Manager Housing Strategy, Nottingham City Council
Tel. 0115 8763538
Documents to download: